1001 Warrenville Rd, Suite 224, Lisle, IL 60532
Carol A. Nolan, Attorney at Law



Lisle Children's Trust Attorney

Children's Trusts/Special Needs Trusts

Are you a grandparent or other individual who is interested in providing financially for a child or for children in your life? By establishing a children's trust, you will be able to provide a child or children with funding for education and other activities you have designated. The trust can go into effect during your lifetime or upon your death. Carol A. Nolan is a Wheaton child's trust lawyer who can talk to you about your options and help you establish a trust that suits your needs.

Trusts for minors can also include special needs trusts. Ms. Nolan can assist you in establishing the appropriate trust for your family's situation. To schedule your confidential consultation with Ms. Nolan, a skilled Naperville special needs trust attorney, contact her law firm online.

Helping You Choose the Children's Trust You Need for a Child You Care About

Ms. Nolan works closely with her clients to help them make sound decisions regarding their finances as they relate to estate planning. Trusts are viable estate planning tools that can help safeguard your assets and provide for your children and grandchildren.

You can establish a children's trust that goes into effect upon your death, or you can establish a trust that goes into effect once the child reaches a certain age. You can name whoever you want as trustee. For example, you may name the bank where the money is held to serve as the trustee. Additionally, you can designate what the money in trust can be used to pay for — education, health care, and general welfare of the child, for example.

2503(c) Minor's Trust

A section 2503(c) minor's trust is a common trust that grandparents, parents, and other relatives establish for children and grandchildren. This type of trust is funded when it is established, and the money is held in trust until the child turns 21. Minor's trusts may be used for tax planning purposes, and annual, tax-free contributions can be made to these trusts that are equal or less than the gift tax exclusion amount.

Special Needs Trusts

Ms. Nolan also helps people establish trusts for children with special needs. By establishing a third-party special needs trust, you can leave assets to your child without sacrificing eligibility for public benefits.

Contact a Naperville Special Needs Trust Lawyer

At the law firm of Carol A. Nolan, Attorney at Law, clients receive one-on-one attention regarding children's trusts from an experienced lawyer. To schedule your confidential consultation, please call Carol Nolan at 630-668-6600 or contact her online.

Do Not Apply For Medicaid Until You Call Me

Please schedule an appointment with me to review your Medicaid application. Applications are confusing and when reviewed by an attorney, may be approved sooner.

expertise AVVO Illinois State Bar Association National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Super Lawyers DuPage County Bar Association Martindale-Hubbell Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Gold
Back to Top